So this year at Overlake Elementary, Madeline has Mrs. Orr and she is not excited about it. She calls Mrs. Orr the mean teacher. So in order to help her get excited for the new school year I had a special breakfast. We had chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, oranges and orange juice.
As you can see from her natural smile, she loved breakfast and I think it really helped her be excited about going to school this morning.
Isaac really enjoyed his breakfast too although he was disappointed when I reminded him that school for him doesn't start until next Tuesday. Overlake has what they call Kindergarten Tea on the day before the official start day so that the kids have a chance to meet their new teacher and be introduced to their new classmates. Its a super cute idea and I think it helps the kids adjust to not being with mom all day. Now if they would just implement all-day kindergarten . . .
The one thing that did put a smile on Isaac's face was that we are going back to the school for some testing to see where his skills are so they can assign him a teacher. Ms. Canaday, who was Madeline's 1st grade teacher, has been moved to Kindergarten, so its entirely possible that she will have my kids two years in a row. Poor girl.
The headband you see above, I made. Thank you. Its was crocheted and then I sewed on some elastic so that it would be a bit stretchy. Its hard to tell from the cruddy light but it matched her shirt perfectly.
This is Mrs. Orr, Maddy's 2nd grade teacher. We got there a bit early this morning because I wanted to make sure that we beat most of the rush of the first day. Apparently, there were lots of other moms with the same idea so there was quite the crowd waiting outside. Mrs. Orr was standing at her room door so we took the opportunity to snap this pic and she welcomed all her new kids to class. Maddy found her desk pretty quickly.
Looks like from the stack of books on her desk that she is going to be doing a lot of learning this year!
Look what an expert job Isaac did of taking our picture! I gave her a hug and kiss and wished her a good day. Then Isaac had his turn. I hope she does really well this year, and I'm sure given the chance, she'll come to see that Mrs. Orr isn't mean.








1 comment:
top [url=http://www.xgambling.org/]casino games[/url] coincide the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]casino bonus[/url] free no consign perk at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]laid-back bonus casino
[/url].
Post a Comment